Navigation
Home Page

School Council

 The Belmont School Council Vision

 

We will make sure we are fair by listening to all pupils. We will help everyone to be friendly, healthy, happy and safe. We will work hard to encourage and inspire everyone in school. You can count on us to make a difference to our school and the world.

 

 

 Our School Councillors for 2016 - 17 are:
Year 1: Florence and George

Year 2: Leo and Summer

Year 3: Leah and Charlie

Year 4: Callum and Ashlin

Year 5: Jessica and Kirrigan-John

Year 6: Lucas and Letisha

Find Out What We've Been Up To!

Monday 10 July 2017

Today we had a little tea party to celebrate the end of our year and we were so excited to find out that our Obstacle Challenge raised £1,200!

Friday 9 June 2017

Wow, we did it! Everyone had a great time taking part in our fantastic Obstacle Challenge. All of the councillors helped out at the event and we would like to say a big thank you to Mr Togher for all of his help. We are looking forward to finding out how much we have raised.

Thursday 25 May 2017

In assembly today we announced our big fundraising event for this year - the Great Obstacle Challenge which will be taking place on Friday 9 June. With the help of Mr Togher, we have designed a fantastic obstacle course which will involve the KS2 trim trail and the field. We would like everyone to be sponsored by their family and friends to go round the course as many times as they can. For children in Year 1 and the Reception Class it will be for 15 minutes; for the rest of the school it will be for 20 minutes.

 

Children can dress up as their favourite sportsperson on the day too, which will be great fun! If someone is unable to be sponsored they can still dress up in this way, but we would appreciate a small donation.

 

Everyone has taken a sponsor sheet home that should be returned to school on the day of the event.

 

The whole School Council has worked hard over the last few weeks organising everything - a group of us working with Mr Togher designing the course, Lucas and Charlie writing the letter for parents, Letitia and Jessica designing the certificate and and Kirrigan-John designing the poster. We hope everyone will support us in raising as much money as we can. Last year's sponsored skip raised nearly £900, we'd love to beat that amount this year!

Tuesday 25 April

Today at our meeting we discussed our fundraising event which will take place on Friday 9 June. We will all work together over the next couple of weeks to write a letter to parents and design posters and certificates. A group of us will be meeting with Mr Togher who has kindly agreed to help us organise the event. We can't wait to tell everyone what we have planned!

Wednesday 22 March 2017

Today members of the School Council led a special assembly about Red Nose Day. We showed a film about Sam who is deaf and who now has a dog who can help him thanks to the Red Nose Day charity. We hope everyone will come to school wearing something red on Friday.

Wednesday 1 March 2017

Members of the School Council had a meeting today with Mr Davidson about our big fundraising event. More details will be given after our next School Council meeting.

Thursday 23 February 2017

Mr Davidson joined us for our meeting today. We all gave ideas for our fundraising effort later this year and another meeting was arranged with Mr Davidson for next Wednesday. Letisha, Lucas, Jessica, Ashlin and Leo will meet with him to decide on possible dates. A letter has been written to the British Heart Foundation which was read out by Lucas. It will sent along with our donation of £41.98. Jessica raised a concern about the taps in the KS2 girl's toilets which are not working properly. She, along with Kirrigan-John and Charlie will speak with Mr Wilson to see what can be done.

Tuesday 22 November 2016

At today's meeting we all signed our new School Council Charter, which will be displayed in the hall. We then talked about different ways we can raise money for our chosen charity this year. Some of our ideas were: Easter hat competition, PJ day, treasure hunt or concert. Lucas, Letisha, Ashlin and Florence volunteered to write a letter to the British Heart Foundation, last year's charity, to send with our donation.

Wednesday 19 October 2016

Mr Davidson and Mrs Shales attended our meeting today where we voted for who would be Chair and Vice-Chair. We chose Letisha to be Chair; Lucas and Jessica to be joint Vice-Chair and Ashlin to be secretary. We also agreed to keep our vision statement and decided on  a new school council charter. There were three suggestions for our charity of the year: the local organ donors organisation; Cancer Research and Water Aid. We voted to support Cancer Research.

Monday 26 September 2016

Mr Davidson was pleased to announce the names of our new school councillors in assembly today which was on the theme of democracy. As our councillors are elected with one member one vote, it's our opportunity to show democracy in action! The first meeting of the new Council will take place soon where they will elect their Chair and Vice-Chair and talk about their plans for the year.


Top