We were excited to welcome Keira and Tenisha from Google to Belmont this afternoon where they presented a fantastic interactive ‘Be Internet Legends’ assembly to children in Years 3-5. We all had great fun exploring the virtual world of Interland and learning more about keeping ourselves safe online.
Be Internet Legends is a fun educational programme developed by Google and the online safety experts at Parent Zone, aiming to empower children to be confident explorers of the online world. It is built round the five pillars of the Internet Legends Code: Be Sharp, Be Alert, Be Secure, Be Kind, Be Brave
- Be Internet Sharp and Think Before You Share - know what’s okay to share on the Internet and what’s not.
- Be Internet Alert and Check It’s For Real - spot the clues for what is real, fake, misleading or a scam online.
- Be Internet Secure and Protect Your Stuff - learn how to keep information secure and create strong passwords.
- Be Internet Kind and Respect Each Other - understand what it means to be kind online and respect other people’s privacy.
- Be Internet Brave and When In Doubt, Discuss - ask for help from a parent or trusted adult with tricky situations online.
You can find out more by visiting the Be Internet Legends website (click HERE) or have fun playing on Interland (click HERE).
The Parent/Internet Safety page of our website has weekly updates from Parent Zone with advice for keeping safe online - just click HERE to go directly to the page.