I am pleased to say that this year we can return to our usual full Sports Day to which parents/carers are invited! As we've not been able to do this for the last 2 years, a letter has been sent home via ParentMail giving full details of the arrangements, including which team your child is in, but brief details are below.
- The school has been split into 4 teams, each given a colour. If you have more than one child at the school, all will be on the same colour team.
- Children should come to school in sports clothing, dressed accordingly for the weather on that day. They should wear a t shirt in the colour of their team.
- Please ensure your child has a hat, a water bottle and sun cream on the day.
Timetable & Spectators
- EYFS & KS1 Sports will begin at 9:30 am on the field and end by lunch time. All spectators must leave the premises at the end of the activities to allow children to have lunch and access to the field during their break as usual.
- The KS2 Sports will begin at 1:20 pm and finish before the end of the school day. After the presentation of the trophy to the winning team, children will return to class and will need collecting from the usual place at the usual time.
- Spectators will be asked to line the side of the track nearest the school, behind the line of cones. These cones are there for the children’s safety, so please do not cross them.
- Classes will sit on the other side of the field, along the house side.
- Spectators must stay on their side of the track and must not cross the track.
When taking photos, please be mindful of the fact that due to safeguarding reasons, some parents do not give permission for photos of their children to be put on social media such as Facebook. Because of this, please do not post photos from the event that include children other than your own. This is to ensure we can keep all of our children safe.
I am looking forward to having a full Sports Day this year and look forward to welcoming you all back to enjoy what I hope will be a wonderful day!